⚡️ The Shortest Possible Description
We are looking for an experienced, unstoppable Data Scientist to join our team and help us deliver better data products to our clients.
As a Data Scientist at DataChef, you will collaborate directly with client business users and domain experts to produce modeling solutions; you will partner with data engineers and ML engineers to build end-to-end data pipelines and production code, and you will have exposure to senior leadership as we communicate results and provide scientific guidance to the business.
🙂 We like if you ... [a.k.a must have]
- Have a real click with Our Core Values. If you’re nodding emphatically while reading it, you’ll probably fit right in, in which case, we can’t wait to hear from you. If your inner voice says "bla bla bla" while reading it, we want to save your and our time by not proceeding with interviews.
- Have at least five years of experience in the "business-driven" data analysis or science including statistical modeling and machine learning experience to solve real business questions and develop prototypes. Research projects for sake of publishing a paper and PoCs are not counted!
- Have strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods particularly regression analysis and probability theory. Experience with causal inference, applied time series modeling or machine learning forecasting applications is a big plus.
- Are a data ambassador: have excellent communication skills to translate business context and intuition into data-oriented hypotheses to drive impact and simplify and present the results to non-scientists. Working on Interpretability and Explainability is a routine for you.
- Can show your strong coding experience (e.g. Python, SQL, open-source ML packages). Knowing Scala is a big plus.
- Are a storyteller like great scientists. You can explain linear regressions to your eight years old niece without she hates you.
- Are doer, not talker: Our performance directly impacts the commercial performance of the company, so you will not only understand and model but also close the loops by productionizing your development. If you are not a level 4+ problem solver, don't even apply, please.
- Are fast mover: The culture is "go, go and go faster!". Of course, you will break things by running fast which is understood and even appreciated. Just focus on learning fast and changing fast. And yes, we believe in agility and a selective interpretation of agile **manifesto.
💓 We love if you ... [a.k.a nice to have]
- Have practical and/or academic knowledge of many multivariate techniques such as Logistic regression, decision trees, random forest, naive Bayes, alike; and a good grasp of the strengths and weaknesses of each Algorithm.
- Have demonstrable experience in any of the following fields: Recommendation Systems, Personalization, Search, Computational Advertising, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision.
- Show passion for training their intuition (not only their models). Interested in the commercial side of projects - and can generate many hypothesis and quickly spot the flaws when numbers or graphs that don’t add up.
- Are experienced in machine learning spanning supervised and unsupervised learning methods
- Know about the latest developments in the Data Science community, combined with the ability to decide which of these are most relevant to our priorities and translate them into opportunities.
- Have AWS knowledge and know how to use ML services by AWS to deliver results.
- Are good citizen of remote teams. You don’t assume others know, so make everything (meetings, decisions, thoughts, code, etc) explicit & traceable.
👨🍳 This is us, bulletized.
- DataChef: We're small, profitable, self-funded and growing company based in Amsterdam. If you believe that data can (and must) change the quality of life in companies (and humans who run those companies) then you will find yourself in your **tribe **here at DataChef.
- We have a consultancy side, focused on delivering top-quality projects on Big Data and machine learning and on AWS platform. Although, behind the scenes, we are working on a few SaaS ideas and products and aim at becoming a ۱۰۰٪ product company in the next 3 years.
- ۱۰۰٪ Open and Transparent company: Our role models are not giant corporates but relatively small yet happily successful companies like Basecamp, Buffer and ahrefs. We even share our salaries and benefits publicly - in case you're curious:
- We thrive on technical excellency by hiring only the best and seeing ourselves at the beginning of the same success path as Databricks and Elasticsearch but only 10 years younger!
- DataChef is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.